Followers

Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Back from holidays!

Well hello, folks!  I've been away on holiday for a couple of weeks but now I'm getting back into the swing of normality.  We had a great time away, very hot and we got to visit some historical places from Bible times, such as Ephesus where the apostle Paul was, and also Athens.  When I got home there was a big box waiting for me with some lovely goodies from Stampin' Up!  Of course I could hardly wait to get using my new things but the washing and mountain of ironing had to be seen to first!
 
So, I've just made this card using my new stash - chevron embossing folder, stamps (Gifts of Kindness) and the sweet little Candy Dots.  If you'd like to place an order for any of these wonderful products, please contact me.
 

I embossed the flower first using Versa Mark and White Embossing Powder then I stamped the sentiment from the same set in Staz On Black ink. Then I used the folder to emboss the left side of the Pool Party cardstock and finished off the flowers by adding the little Pool Party Candy Dots.
 
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Allsorts - Use New Stash
Dynamic Duos #66 - Pool Party, Basic Black with the option of embossing
 
Thanks for visiting today!


6 comments:

  1. LOVE your card Karen...especially the partial dry embossing. The candy dots are a really nice addition to dress up the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card Karen, I love the soft blue colour and the design. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've embossed half of your card...so clever! And pretty too!
    I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the half page embossing, lovely card.

    I loved Ephesus when I was there about 8 years ago, amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted you enjoyed your holidays Karen, I was wondering why you weren't blogging :) and your back with a fabulous card xxx ♥
    ps ... pop over as I have a giveaway candy and would you believe "2" people have left a comment, I feel a tad embarrassed .. ah well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to combine two types of embossing, very clever!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!